how crowdsourcing works
Bosses and Freelancers can use this site to find their suitable working partners for a project:
- Bosses can post projects and find the suitable freelancers to work on projects that have the required skills.
- Freelancers can find jobs specific to their skill-sets.
In CrowdSourcing.co.za, users can register as an Boss or a freelancer:
- As an boss, you can easily login to the site and immediately start posting your project. Once your project is displayed, you can search for the suitable freelancer and invite them to bid on your project.
- As a freelancer, you can provide your detailed information and search for potential projects.
This is how it works:
1. Post a Project
- An boss is able to post projects after they have created an account and signed in.
- There are two kinds of project submissions: submit for free or paid to submit a project. *This is purely to submit projects and does not refer to any work done by a freelancer as this would always be at a cost.
2. Bid on a Project
- Freelancers can find different projects on the main page and start bidding to join the interested project by selecting the “Apply” button.
- Employers can also invite the freelancers first via their profiles as well. After that, the freelancers can take a look at the project details and decide to bid on it or not.
3. Accepting a Bid
- Bosses will review this bid in the project detail page and decide to accept or ignore this bid.
- When an boss chooses the most suitable freelancer to work on his project, he clicks the “Accept” button on the bid list.
4. Open the Workspace
- Once a bid has been accepted, both the boss and freelancer can open the workspace to have further discussion regarding the project.
- On this page, they can send a private message to each other and offer attached files as well.
5. Complete the Project
- The boss will review this project when the freelancer has finished.
- If the boss is satisfied with this project, he clicks the “Finish” button and writes a review for the freelancer.
- This project is now considered as Completed, the freelancer will press “Review & Complete” button to review and rate the boss.
- If the boss isn’t happy with the freelancer’s performance after reviewing the project, he can hit the “Close” button to send a dispute to the admin.
- The Crowd Sourcing fees for published and completed projects is 10% of the total fee/price/budget.